Sunday, April 22, 2007

update...12 months later

So, it's been a while since I updated this blog. We are still plodding away on this road to being debt free. Here's an update:

We have paid off everything but the student loans!! Still, that was the biggest chunk of our debt. We still owe $17,000 to Sallie Mae. And, we are back on track to being debt free by June 2008 -- our original target.

But, there may be some detours along the way. I'm pregnant! Due in August. In addition to putting oodles of money towards the student loan every month, dh and I are also setting aside at least $600 month towards my maternity leave. I plan on taking my full 12 weeks of FMLA, but my work only gives 1 week paid leave and I would qualify for between 6-8 weeks of disability at 60% pay. We need to make up that shortfall. On top of that, we didn't choose our health insurance wisely, so we already know that we have to pay $1060 to the OB and 20% of whatever we incur at the hospital! Yikes.

By the way, have I mentioned we are living extremely frugally now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home