Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Counting pennies

Yesterday after work, I found myself sitting in front of the tv counting pennies. I felt like Scrooge McDuck, and it was a horrible feeling. Have I, in my quest to be rid of debt, become a greedy money scrounging Scrooge?

I know some people who wouldn't even give their pennies a second glance. Seriously. One of my husband's college friends would literally throw away the pennies he received in change because he thought they were more trouble they were worth. He wouldn't even put them in the penny dish next to the cash register.

I, on the other hand, horde pennies. Over the years, I have accumulated jars of pennies. My local bank doesn't have a coin counter. They will accept coins if I roll them up. So, yesterday, I asked them for some wrappers, a lot of them. The clerk clearly underestimated me when she gave me a handful. I immediately knew the 15 wrappers she handed me weren't enough, but I was too embarrassed to admit that I needed MORE. So far, I've rolled $4.50 in pennies.

Back to being Scrooge....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home